INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 200 gms sweetened condensed milk – half a can of condensed milk
- ½ tbsp ghee or butter
- ¾ cup milk powder
- a pinch of saffron/kesar
- a pinch of nutmeg powder/jaiphal powder
- 3-4 green cardamoms/harielaichi/chotielaichi
- mix the condensed milk, milk powder and ghee/butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- make sure there are no lumps.
- crush the cardamoms in a mortar-pestle to a fine powder. discard the peels.
- microwave on high for one minute.
- add the cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and saffron strands.
- stir and microwave on high for one minute. remove and stir again.
- microwave for 30 seconds on high and check.
- if the mixture looks a bit liquid, microwave again for 30 seconds on high. the mixture would thicken.
- it took me exact 3 minutes on high power to get the right consistency.
- if the mixture still has moisture and is liquidity, then microwave again on high for 15 to 30 seconds more.
- when the mixture becomes mildly hot or warm, shape into small balls.
- the mixture is sticky, so apply some oil or ghee while shaping into small balls.
- once cooled, store the milk pedas in an air tight box in the refrigerator.
serve the milk pedas or doodhpedas when required.