INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups besan or gram flour
- ½ to ⅔ cup ghee (add more ghee if required)
- 1 cup powdered sugar or boora
- 4 cardamoms, powdered in a mortar-pestle
- 1 or 2 tbsp golden raisins
- dry roast the besan in a kadai or pan on slow flame for about 10-12 mins.
- keep on stirring continuously so that the besan is not burned and so that there is even browning.
- melt the ghee and keep aside.
- add the melted ghee and continue roasting the besan for some more 5-6 minutes stirring continuously.
- thebesan would start to give a nice nutty fragrance and will start releasing ghee.
- once you get a strong nutty fragrance then switch off the fire.
- remove the pan from the stove and keep down.
- add powdered sugar or boora. for best taste use the boora.
- add the powdered cardamom and raisins.
- you can also add chopped dry fruits at this stage.
- stir well so that no lumps are formed.
- once you have mixed the besan ladoo mixture well then let it cool down to room temperature.
- make small or medium sized besanladoos and store them in air tight container.